Welcome!

XML Authors: Jason Bloomberg, Jayaram Krishnaswamy, David Weinberger, Michael Nir, David Smith

News Feed Item

Ringdale Makes it Easy to Go Green

- FollowMe(R) Secure Document Output Management Leads Organizations to Hidden "Pot of Gold"

AUSTIN, Texas, March 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Organizations searching for ways to "go green" only have to look as far as their workgroup printers and copiers to find a potential "pot of gold" that could save them 30-60% in wasted paper and consumables - a "win-win" in response to today's economic and environmental concerns. With a print management program incorporating Ringdale's industry-leading FollowMe(R) Secure Document Output Management solution, "going green" could never be easier or have such a positive impact on organizations' bottom lines.

"Most CIO's have squeezed costs on their server farms dramatically over the last few years, but are just now starting to look at other areas of consolidation and cost savings, said Klaus Bollmann, Chief Executive Officer, Ringdale. "Printing and copying is one of those areas that are now being heavily scrutinized and revamped. Based on the fact that this area has been departmentalized and not under a single budget, it is estimated up to 90 percent of organizations today do not know their cost of printing and copying, and the numbers are staggering."

As much as 2 percent of organizations' revenue is used for printing costs. Hard costs such as paper and consumables equate to 10 percent of this figure, where the additional back office maintenance and support make up the other 90 percent. Given that these are for the most part "hidden" costs, they could be significantly reduced if a print management program were put in place, Bollmann said.

What a lot of organizations do not realize is that reducing these costs by implementing a print management program routinely leads to "green savings" and a reduction of their carbon footprint. Preventing paper waste saves many trees and limits the number of toner cartridges in landfills as well as increases electricity efficiency. "FollowMe users agree they have seen a significant reduction in their printing operations' carbon footprint," Bollmann said.

In organizations large and small, FollowMe can be easily implemented to impose cost-saving initiatives, such as restricting color printing, forcing duplex printing and applying print quotas. These and other printing policies can be automatically enforced per user, department, cost center or application, helping to remove any unnecessary burden to self-monitor usage.

Ringdale's FollowMe provides organizations an all-in-one solution composed of FollowMe Printing (pull printing), print roaming and print accounting that is vendor and device independent. In addition to managing user activity, FollowMe enables organizations to provide confidentiality and security for printed output through user authentication at the device.

"FollowMe offers a one-two punch," according to Bollmann. "With today's emphasis on "going green" and saving costs, FollowMe can become an important aspect of any organization's sustainability program to reduce their carbon footprint and advance good corporate citizenship, while at the same time eliminating unnecessary expenses."

For ordering information on FollowMe, call Ringdale in the United States at (512)-288-9080 or in the United Kingdom at +44-(0)-1444-871349.

About Ringdale, Inc.

Ringdale has been focused on the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of network enhancing connectivity solutions for over three decades. The company's major product areas include secure document output management solutions, renewable energy devices, logical and physical access control, time and attendance systems, fax appliances, and biometric recognition technologies. Ringdale, part of the Network Technology PLC Group, is based in the United States and United Kingdom with offices in France, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and UAE.

For more information on Ringdale products and solutions, visit the Ringdale Web site at http://www.ringdale.com.

    
    Media Contact:
    Susan Vaughan
    +1-512-288-9080
    [email protected]

More Stories By PR Newswire

Copyright © 2007 PR Newswire. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PRNewswire content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of PRNewswire. PRNewswire shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.