|By Marketwired .||
|June 26, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/26/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
The rapid growth of cloud-based applications in the enterprise, combined with organizations' desire to integrate applications with mobile technologies, is dramatically increasing application integration complexity. To meet this challenge, Oracle today introduced Oracle SOA Suite 12c, the latest version of the industry's most complete and unified application integration and SOA solution. With simplified cloud, mobile, on-premises, and Internet of Things (IoT) integration capabilities, all within a single platform, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to integration, improve productivity, and lower TCO.
What Customers Are Saying
- "Our cloud integration with Oracle SOA Suite has seamlessly connected our field representatives to back-office orders anywhere, anytime, and on any mobile device," said Rajeev Sethi, senior director of IT Applications at JDSU. "I'm really excited about the major enhancements in Oracle SOA Suite 12c that have made cloud integration and mobile enablement even easier to implement."
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables organizations to easily integrate and connect applications across their entire IT ecosystem on a single, unified platform, helping them achieve faster time to market and increased productivity with a low TCO.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c simplifies cloud integration with ongoing additions to Oracle Cloud Adapters, which help organizations integrate well-known SaaS applications including Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Oracle Service Cloud, Salesforce.com, and many others. This adapter framework uses the same intuitive adapter methodology customers are familiar with for on-premises integration.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c includes new features to help increase developer productivity, including a single-click installer, new debugging and testing capabilities, and extensive templating that can be used to share best practices as well as accelerate the development or maintenance of projects.
- The runtime and footprint of the product have been optimized at every level (memory, disk, database) to support mission critical enterprise-wide deployments and web-scale performance, further enabling customers to process increasingly massive workloads.
- In addition, the new release provides rapid and advanced mobile integration with improved support for lightweight REST and JSON integration standards. API management, which exposes enterprise applications as REST and JSON, is now simplified as a result of native support for these standards within Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- To extend its B2B solution capabilities with Oracle SOA Suite 12c, Oracle is unveiling Oracle Managed File Transfer, an integrated solution that enables organizations to virtually eliminate file transfer complexities. This allows customers to load data securely into Oracle Cloud applications as well as third-party cloud or partner applications.
- Oracle Event Processing, part of Oracle SOA Suite, can handle up to a million messages per second at extremely low latencies when running on Oracle engineered systems(1), making it the ideal solution to perform real-time filtering, geo-location, and pattern matching on the massive streams of data generated by IoT "smart" devices.
- New to Oracle Event Processing 12c is the shared use of the Oracle SOA Suite user interface, providing companies the ability to seamlessly integrate filtered and correlated big data into actionable enterprise processes for corrective action.
- Oracle Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) 12c, part of Oracle SOA Suite 12c, has been enhanced to enable rapid and flexible assessment of key performance indicators (KPIs) by storing the data in the industry standard star schema format.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c also includes new manageability enhancements for private cloud deployments. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c features "push button"-style provisioning of complete environments for Oracle SOA 12c and fast data cloning that enables rapid deployment and testing of enterprise applications.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is built on the best-of-breed application server, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, which adds new enhancements for developer productivity, performance, high availability, and manageability. These products are part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is available on Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and scheduled for general availability in July, 2014.
- Register for the launch webcast "Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c" on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT.
Simplified Application Integration
Oracle SOA Suite 12c unifies disparate environments through a single, complete platform. Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables:
- Simplified Cloud Integration: By providing support for Oracle Cloud Adapters, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers simplified integration regardless of deployment location -- in the cloud or on-premises. Oracle Cloud Adapters provide breakthrough developer productivity, comprehensive connectivity, reliability, and performance for integration. Oracle plans to continue to offer new adapters on the Oracle SOA Suite 12c platform. The latest release also introduces the Oracle Cloud Adapter Software Development Kit (SDK), enabling customers and partners to create their own Oracle Cloud Adapters to simplify integration for future projects.
- Advanced Mobile Integration: To meet organizations' demands to rapidly integrate mobile applications, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers support for the REST and JSON integration standards, which are lightweight and well suited for mobile development. In addition, the new release has the capability to automatically convert XML to JSON.
- Increased Productivity: Features include templates to promote best practices and help reduce development time, as well as a unified interface that is standardized on Oracle JDeveloper for Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Event Processing.
- Consolidation of File Exchanges: Oracle SOA Suite 12c also allows for streamlined file transfer management by consolidating disparate FTP point solutions across the organization through Oracle Managed File Transfer, a single, integrated solution that helps to simplify integration, lower costs and reduce errors.
- "Exciting additions to Oracle SOA Suite include the new Oracle Cloud Adapters that allow for seamless integration with cloud applications. Most organizations have some or most of their non-critical applications in the cloud, whether it is Oracle Applications, Salesforce.com, or others. And integration is always a challenge because you still have to integrate with some of the on-premises systems. With the new Oracle Cloud Adapters, you don't have to worry about all the operations that are exposed by the cloud provider, allowing integration to be much easier," said Badhri Rajagopalan, practice director, SOA Integration, Bluenog.
- "To capitalize on new business opportunities, organizations need the flexibility to use diverse solutions and environments to best meet their needs, and this can pose distinct and sizeable application integration challenges," said Amit Zavery, group vice president, Fusion Middleware, Oracle. "With Oracle SOA Suite 12c, we are helping organizations overcome those obstacles by delivering an integration platform that is specifically designed for organizations' diverse application ecosystems. By enabling significantly simplified integration, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to market, increase productivity and lower costs."
- Register for the launch webcast "Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c" on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT
- Data Sheet: Oracle SOA Suite 12c
- Podcasts: Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c; Faster Time to Integrate
- White Paper: Simplifying Cloud Integration
- White Paper: Brave New Integration World: A Unified Framework for Cloud, Mobile, Internet of Things, Application Integration, and B2B
- White Paper: Oracle SOA Suite 12c - a Detailed Look
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Join Oracle SOA Suite communities on Facebook, Twitter, Blog, and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
(1) Tests used a common event processing use case, with the application running on a single-node Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud (1/30th of a full rack).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2627082
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2627085
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small, but are focused on specific tasks. The ability for developers to deploy multiple containers – thous...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 182
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 488
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be.
Sep. 3, 2015 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 153
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 3, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 432
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Communication) is an open source project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera that aims to enable bro...
Sep. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,605
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 390
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 517
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 963
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 3, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 418
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Sep. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 112
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 3, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 372
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 289
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 258
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 103
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 288
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,603
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 207
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 216
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 3, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 654