|By Marketwired .||
|June 26, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/26/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
The rapid growth of cloud-based applications in the enterprise, combined with organizations' desire to integrate applications with mobile technologies, is dramatically increasing application integration complexity. To meet this challenge, Oracle today introduced Oracle SOA Suite 12c, the latest version of the industry's most complete and unified application integration and SOA solution. With simplified cloud, mobile, on-premises, and Internet of Things (IoT) integration capabilities, all within a single platform, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to integration, improve productivity, and lower TCO.
What Customers Are Saying
- "Our cloud integration with Oracle SOA Suite has seamlessly connected our field representatives to back-office orders anywhere, anytime, and on any mobile device," said Rajeev Sethi, senior director of IT Applications at JDSU. "I'm really excited about the major enhancements in Oracle SOA Suite 12c that have made cloud integration and mobile enablement even easier to implement."
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables organizations to easily integrate and connect applications across their entire IT ecosystem on a single, unified platform, helping them achieve faster time to market and increased productivity with a low TCO.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c simplifies cloud integration with ongoing additions to Oracle Cloud Adapters, which help organizations integrate well-known SaaS applications including Oracle Sales Cloud, Oracle Marketing Cloud, Oracle Service Cloud, Salesforce.com, and many others. This adapter framework uses the same intuitive adapter methodology customers are familiar with for on-premises integration.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c includes new features to help increase developer productivity, including a single-click installer, new debugging and testing capabilities, and extensive templating that can be used to share best practices as well as accelerate the development or maintenance of projects.
- The runtime and footprint of the product have been optimized at every level (memory, disk, database) to support mission critical enterprise-wide deployments and web-scale performance, further enabling customers to process increasingly massive workloads.
- In addition, the new release provides rapid and advanced mobile integration with improved support for lightweight REST and JSON integration standards. API management, which exposes enterprise applications as REST and JSON, is now simplified as a result of native support for these standards within Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
- To extend its B2B solution capabilities with Oracle SOA Suite 12c, Oracle is unveiling Oracle Managed File Transfer, an integrated solution that enables organizations to virtually eliminate file transfer complexities. This allows customers to load data securely into Oracle Cloud applications as well as third-party cloud or partner applications.
- Oracle Event Processing, part of Oracle SOA Suite, can handle up to a million messages per second at extremely low latencies when running on Oracle engineered systems(1), making it the ideal solution to perform real-time filtering, geo-location, and pattern matching on the massive streams of data generated by IoT "smart" devices.
- New to Oracle Event Processing 12c is the shared use of the Oracle SOA Suite user interface, providing companies the ability to seamlessly integrate filtered and correlated big data into actionable enterprise processes for corrective action.
- Oracle Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) 12c, part of Oracle SOA Suite 12c, has been enhanced to enable rapid and flexible assessment of key performance indicators (KPIs) by storing the data in the industry standard star schema format.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c also includes new manageability enhancements for private cloud deployments. Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c features "push button"-style provisioning of complete environments for Oracle SOA 12c and fast data cloning that enables rapid deployment and testing of enterprise applications.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is built on the best-of-breed application server, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, which adds new enhancements for developer productivity, performance, high availability, and manageability. These products are part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c is available on Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and scheduled for general availability in July, 2014.
- Register for the launch webcast "Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c" on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT.
Simplified Application Integration
Oracle SOA Suite 12c unifies disparate environments through a single, complete platform. Oracle SOA Suite 12c enables:
- Simplified Cloud Integration: By providing support for Oracle Cloud Adapters, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers simplified integration regardless of deployment location -- in the cloud or on-premises. Oracle Cloud Adapters provide breakthrough developer productivity, comprehensive connectivity, reliability, and performance for integration. Oracle plans to continue to offer new adapters on the Oracle SOA Suite 12c platform. The latest release also introduces the Oracle Cloud Adapter Software Development Kit (SDK), enabling customers and partners to create their own Oracle Cloud Adapters to simplify integration for future projects.
- Advanced Mobile Integration: To meet organizations' demands to rapidly integrate mobile applications, Oracle SOA Suite 12c delivers support for the REST and JSON integration standards, which are lightweight and well suited for mobile development. In addition, the new release has the capability to automatically convert XML to JSON.
- Increased Productivity: Features include templates to promote best practices and help reduce development time, as well as a unified interface that is standardized on Oracle JDeveloper for Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Event Processing.
- Consolidation of File Exchanges: Oracle SOA Suite 12c also allows for streamlined file transfer management by consolidating disparate FTP point solutions across the organization through Oracle Managed File Transfer, a single, integrated solution that helps to simplify integration, lower costs and reduce errors.
- "Exciting additions to Oracle SOA Suite include the new Oracle Cloud Adapters that allow for seamless integration with cloud applications. Most organizations have some or most of their non-critical applications in the cloud, whether it is Oracle Applications, Salesforce.com, or others. And integration is always a challenge because you still have to integrate with some of the on-premises systems. With the new Oracle Cloud Adapters, you don't have to worry about all the operations that are exposed by the cloud provider, allowing integration to be much easier," said Badhri Rajagopalan, practice director, SOA Integration, Bluenog.
- "To capitalize on new business opportunities, organizations need the flexibility to use diverse solutions and environments to best meet their needs, and this can pose distinct and sizeable application integration challenges," said Amit Zavery, group vice president, Fusion Middleware, Oracle. "With Oracle SOA Suite 12c, we are helping organizations overcome those obstacles by delivering an integration platform that is specifically designed for organizations' diverse application ecosystems. By enabling significantly simplified integration, Oracle SOA Suite 12c helps organizations speed time to market, increase productivity and lower costs."
- Register for the launch webcast "Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c" on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at 10:00 AM PDT
- Data Sheet: Oracle SOA Suite 12c
- Podcasts: Introducing Oracle SOA Suite 12c; Faster Time to Integrate
- White Paper: Simplifying Cloud Integration
- White Paper: Brave New Integration World: A Unified Framework for Cloud, Mobile, Internet of Things, Application Integration, and B2B
- White Paper: Oracle SOA Suite 12c - a Detailed Look
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Join Oracle SOA Suite communities on Facebook, Twitter, Blog, and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
(1) Tests used a common event processing use case, with the application running on a single-node Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud (1/30th of a full rack).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2627082
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2627085
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
May. 22, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,572
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner is Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., will discuss the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conduct a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply...
May. 22, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,711
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers is very hard. You have to learn five new and different technologies and best practices (libswarm, sy...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,931
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,739
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, will discuss IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sector...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,982
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 22, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,521
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,200
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,857
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,931
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,028
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,830
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,721
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 22, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,320
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,513
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 22, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,194
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,846
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,714
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,954
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
May. 22, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,391
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 22, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,331