|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's fast-paced, hyper-connected, and mobile/social world, businesses demand instantaneous information and responsiveness. In this environment, businesses must be able to move as fast as their customers, be they B2B or B2C, to deliver the experience those customers demand.
For years, technology companies have been talking about the "real-time" enterprise. And for years, that's all those vendors delivered -- talk -- because they didn't have the necessary range of world-class technologies to deliver on the real-time promise. But today, Oracle is changing that paradigm, because only Oracle can bring together for customers optimized in-memory capabilities across applications, middleware, databases, and systems. Oracle Database In-Memory transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to discover business insights in real-time while simultaneously increasing transactional performance. With Oracle Database In-Memory, users can get immediate answers to business questions that previously took hours to obtain and are able to deliver a faster, better experience to both their internal and external constituents.
Oracle Database In-Memory delivers leading-edge in-memory performance without the need to restrict functionality or accept compromises, complexity and risk. Deploying Oracle Database In-Memory with virtually any existing Oracle Database-compatible application is as easy as flipping a switch -- no application changes are required. It is fully integrated with Oracle Database's renowned scale-up, scale-out, storage tiering, availability and security technologies making it the most industrial-strength offering in the industry.
At a special event at Oracle's headquarters, CEO Larry Ellison described how the ability to combine real-time data analysis with sub-second transactions on existing applications enables organizations to become Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customers' demands, and continuously optimize key processes.
What Customers are Saying
- "As a consumer Internet pioneer and innovator, Yahoo is always at the leading edge of big data and database technology to deliver a responsive, seamless consumer experience. We joined Oracle's beta program to understand how memory optimization could sharpen our big data processing," said Sudhi Vijayakumar, Yahoo's Principal Oracle Database Architect. "Full support for Oracle Real Application Clusters' scale-out capabilities means Oracle Database In-Memory can be used even on our largest data warehouses."
- Oracle Database In-Memory enables customers to accelerate database performance by orders of magnitude for analytics, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- An innovative, dual-format in-memory architecture combines the best of row format and column format to simultaneously deliver fast analytics and efficient OLTP.
- Oracle Database In-Memory allows any existing Oracle Database-compatible application to automatically and transparently take advantage of columnar in-memory processing, without additional programming or application changes.
- Oracle Database In-Memory demonstrated from 100x to more than 1000x speedup for enterprise application modules in performance tests, including Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's JD Edwards, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle's Siebel, and Oracle Fusion Applications.
- The ability to combine real-time data analysis with sub-second transactions on existing applications enables organizations to become Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customers' demands, and continuously optimize all key processes.
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive validation testing by hundreds of end-users, ISV partners, and Oracle Applications teams over the past nine months.
- Oracle Database In-Memory is scheduled for general availability in July and can be used with all hardware platforms on which Oracle Database 12c is supported.
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is also announcing that Oracle Database 12c Ready certification will soon include Oracle Database In-Memory.
Software and Hardware Engineered for the Real-Time Enterprise
- Building on years of innovations and maturity, Oracle Database In-Memory inherits all Oracle Database capabilities including:
- Maximum Availability Architecture to protect against data loss and downtime.
- Industry leading security technologies.
- Scalability to meet any requirement via scale-up on large SMP servers, scale-out across a cluster of servers, and storage-tiering, to cost effectively run databases of any size -- whether petabyte-scale data warehouses, big data processing or database clouds.
- Rich programmability: Java, R, Big Data, PHP Python, Node, REST, Ruby, etc.
- Full data type support: relational, objects, XML, text, spatial, and new integrated JSON support.
- Oracle Engineered Systems are the ideal complement to Oracle Database In-Memory:
- Oracle Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle SuperCluster, are optimized for Oracle Database In-Memory, featuring large memory capacity, extreme performance, and high availability while tiering less active data to flash and disk to deliver outstanding cost effectiveness.
- In-Memory fault tolerance on Oracle Engineered Systems optionally duplicates in-memory data across nodes enabling queries to instantly use a copy of in-memory data if a server fails. New Direct-to-Wire Infiniband accelerates scale-out for in-memory.
- Oracle's M6-32 Big Memory Machine is the most powerful scale-up platform for Oracle Database In-Memory providing up to 32 Terabytes of DRAM memory and 3 terabytes/sec of memory bandwidth for maximum in-memory performance.
- "We are delighted that our MicroStrategy Analytics Platform is among the first third-party applications to be certified with Oracle Database In-Memory," explained Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Our participation in Oracle's beta program and integration with Oracle Database In-Memory builds on our long-standing relationship with Oracle, underscoring the importance of working together to optimize our platforms to extend the advanced functionality and speed performance improvements to our joint customers."
- "Oracle is the only vendor in the industry to embrace in-memory computing from applications to middleware to database to systems, enabling businesses to maximize profitability by accelerating operations, quickly discovering new growth opportunities and making smarter, real-time decisions," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "Oracle Database 12c In-Memory uniquely delivers unprecedented performance for virtually all workloads with 100 percent application transparency and no data migration. Plus all the high availability, scalability, and security that customers have come to expect from the Oracle Database are fully preserved."
- "Oracle Applications provide the foundation for our customers' mission-critical business operations, including sales, financials, supply chain and human resources. By raising the bar on speed, Oracle Database In-Memory enables customers to compound the value of their existing applications by deriving new insights and business opportunities faster," said Steve Miranda, Executive Vice President of Application Development, Oracle.
- Oracle Database
- Introducing Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Database In-Memory product page
- Forbes: How In-Memory Technology can Transform Your Business
- Download Oracle Database In-Memory media kit
- Connect with Oracle Database via the Oracle Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201406/76191_DBIM_ComparChart_Vert.pdf
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2613727
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 907
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,109
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,393
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,219
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,355
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,820
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,158
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,035
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,551
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,973
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,099
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,012
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,427
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,842
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,933
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 950
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 792
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 451
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,178
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 7,535