|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 01:15 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In today's fast-paced, hyper-connected, and mobile/social world, businesses demand instantaneous information and responsiveness. In this environment, businesses must be able to move as fast as their customers, be they B2B or B2C, to deliver the experience those customers demand.
For years, technology companies have been talking about the "real-time" enterprise. And for years, that's all those vendors delivered -- talk -- because they didn't have the necessary range of world-class technologies to deliver on the real-time promise. But today, Oracle is changing that paradigm, because only Oracle can bring together for customers optimized in-memory capabilities across applications, middleware, databases, and systems. Oracle Database In-Memory transparently extends the power of Oracle Database 12c to enable organizations to discover business insights in real-time while simultaneously increasing transactional performance. With Oracle Database In-Memory, users can get immediate answers to business questions that previously took hours to obtain and are able to deliver a faster, better experience to both their internal and external constituents.
Oracle Database In-Memory delivers leading-edge in-memory performance without the need to restrict functionality or accept compromises, complexity and risk. Deploying Oracle Database In-Memory with virtually any existing Oracle Database-compatible application is as easy as flipping a switch -- no application changes are required. It is fully integrated with Oracle Database's renowned scale-up, scale-out, storage tiering, availability and security technologies making it the most industrial-strength offering in the industry.
At a special event at Oracle's headquarters, CEO Larry Ellison described how the ability to combine real-time data analysis with sub-second transactions on existing applications enables organizations to become Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customers' demands, and continuously optimize key processes.
What Customers are Saying
- "As a consumer Internet pioneer and innovator, Yahoo is always at the leading edge of big data and database technology to deliver a responsive, seamless consumer experience. We joined Oracle's beta program to understand how memory optimization could sharpen our big data processing," said Sudhi Vijayakumar, Yahoo's Principal Oracle Database Architect. "Full support for Oracle Real Application Clusters' scale-out capabilities means Oracle Database In-Memory can be used even on our largest data warehouses."
- Oracle Database In-Memory enables customers to accelerate database performance by orders of magnitude for analytics, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- An innovative, dual-format in-memory architecture combines the best of row format and column format to simultaneously deliver fast analytics and efficient OLTP.
- Oracle Database In-Memory allows any existing Oracle Database-compatible application to automatically and transparently take advantage of columnar in-memory processing, without additional programming or application changes.
- Oracle Database In-Memory demonstrated from 100x to more than 1000x speedup for enterprise application modules in performance tests, including Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's JD Edwards, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle's Siebel, and Oracle Fusion Applications.
- The ability to combine real-time data analysis with sub-second transactions on existing applications enables organizations to become Real-Time Enterprises that quickly make data-driven decisions, respond instantly to customers' demands, and continuously optimize all key processes.
- Oracle Database In-Memory has undergone extensive validation testing by hundreds of end-users, ISV partners, and Oracle Applications teams over the past nine months.
- Oracle Database In-Memory is scheduled for general availability in July and can be used with all hardware platforms on which Oracle Database 12c is supported.
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is also announcing that Oracle Database 12c Ready certification will soon include Oracle Database In-Memory.
Software and Hardware Engineered for the Real-Time Enterprise
- Building on years of innovations and maturity, Oracle Database In-Memory inherits all Oracle Database capabilities including:
- Maximum Availability Architecture to protect against data loss and downtime.
- Industry leading security technologies.
- Scalability to meet any requirement via scale-up on large SMP servers, scale-out across a cluster of servers, and storage-tiering, to cost effectively run databases of any size -- whether petabyte-scale data warehouses, big data processing or database clouds.
- Rich programmability: Java, R, Big Data, PHP Python, Node, REST, Ruby, etc.
- Full data type support: relational, objects, XML, text, spatial, and new integrated JSON support.
- Oracle Engineered Systems are the ideal complement to Oracle Database In-Memory:
- Oracle Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle SuperCluster, are optimized for Oracle Database In-Memory, featuring large memory capacity, extreme performance, and high availability while tiering less active data to flash and disk to deliver outstanding cost effectiveness.
- In-Memory fault tolerance on Oracle Engineered Systems optionally duplicates in-memory data across nodes enabling queries to instantly use a copy of in-memory data if a server fails. New Direct-to-Wire Infiniband accelerates scale-out for in-memory.
- Oracle's M6-32 Big Memory Machine is the most powerful scale-up platform for Oracle Database In-Memory providing up to 32 Terabytes of DRAM memory and 3 terabytes/sec of memory bandwidth for maximum in-memory performance.
- "We are delighted that our MicroStrategy Analytics Platform is among the first third-party applications to be certified with Oracle Database In-Memory," explained Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Our participation in Oracle's beta program and integration with Oracle Database In-Memory builds on our long-standing relationship with Oracle, underscoring the importance of working together to optimize our platforms to extend the advanced functionality and speed performance improvements to our joint customers."
- "Oracle is the only vendor in the industry to embrace in-memory computing from applications to middleware to database to systems, enabling businesses to maximize profitability by accelerating operations, quickly discovering new growth opportunities and making smarter, real-time decisions," said Andrew Mendelsohn, Executive Vice President, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. "Oracle Database 12c In-Memory uniquely delivers unprecedented performance for virtually all workloads with 100 percent application transparency and no data migration. Plus all the high availability, scalability, and security that customers have come to expect from the Oracle Database are fully preserved."
- "Oracle Applications provide the foundation for our customers' mission-critical business operations, including sales, financials, supply chain and human resources. By raising the bar on speed, Oracle Database In-Memory enables customers to compound the value of their existing applications by deriving new insights and business opportunities faster," said Steve Miranda, Executive Vice President of Application Development, Oracle.
- Oracle Database
- Introducing Oracle Database In-Memory
- Oracle Database In-Memory product page
- Forbes: How In-Memory Technology can Transform Your Business
- Download Oracle Database In-Memory media kit
- Connect with Oracle Database via the Oracle Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The following is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201406/76191_DBIM_ComparChart_Vert.pdf
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2613727
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 29, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 913
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jun. 29, 2016 08:39 AM EDT
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 29, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,157
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 428
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 402
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 385
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 843
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 979
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,197
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 553
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 482
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 441
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 467
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,316
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,251
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 508
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,373
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,362
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,275
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,328