|By Business Wire||
|May 28, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
From the Augmented World Expo – DAQRI, the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company, announced today the launch of its 4D engine for interactive enterprise data, DRAEDIS. The company also debuted its Industrial 4D for Mobile Hardware solutions, as well as its new Virtual Humans product, which empowers storytellers to incorporate photorealistic, life-size people into any 4D experience. DAQRI founder and CEO Brian Mullins will deliver a featured presentation titled “Bring Ideas to Life” to unveil the company’s new offerings at the Augmented World Expo (AWE).
New DAQRI products demonstrated at AWE 2014 include:
- DRAEDIS – DAQRI’s latest enterprise product, DRAEDIS, will be unveiled for the first time at AWE. An engine for visualizing data in augmented reality, DRAEDIS translates business data directly into 4D experiences, creating instantly accessible augmented reality-powered user interfaces. For example, DRAEDIS can translate map data into 4D in real-time, allowing a user to physically “lift up” and interact with a virtual representation of any surrounding geography. The engine supports a range of data formats including OPC, JSON, map data and XML and works with common database formats.
- Industrial 4D (I4D) For Mobile Hardware – DAQRI will present several groundbreaking use case scenarios that integrate I4D for Mobile Hardware into industrial operations, generating cost savings, higher productivity and unprecedented efficiencies. For example, an application will be shown that delivers on-site training instructions to manufacturing workers, allowing them to access information via wearable devices like Google Glass and perform tasks with less training, in less time. The entire I4D product line can be integrated into existing systems and processes with little or no downtime. A game changer for any industry, I4D for Mobile Hardware is already being used by Fortune 500 manufacturers and Tier 1 defense contractors.
- Virtual Humans – DAQRI’s Virtual Humans product takes 4D to the next level, bringing full-sized, photorealistic people to life. A product demonstration of Virtual Humans will interact with AWE attendees and introduce them to the world of 4D, as well as direct them to items of interest within the booth. Virtual Humans pairs intelligent 360 degree image capture technology with 4D, opening the door for truly engaging storytelling and life-size gaming opportunities where virtual characters are as real as the audience.
DAQRI 4D Studio – DAQRI 4D Studio is a game-changing augmented
reality authoring tool designed for storytellers, marketers, brands
and educators, with an intuitive interface and centralized content
management. This web-based creative tool allows people at all levels
to create augmented reality experiences. DAQRI’s 4D Studio will
unleash the creative potential of millions of artists around the world
who could not previously access 4D as a storytelling medium. Two 4D
experiences will demonstrate the effective breadth of 4D Studio’s
functionality and its ease of use for non-technical creatives:
- DAQRI Blueprint transports the viewer into a polished interactive environment complete with responsive sights and sounds. Thanks to 4D Studio’s unique narrative chaptering system, the experience enables the viewer to customize the architecture, design, and features of a California dream home by using advanced texture interactivity and a broad palette of modular objects and complementary colors.
- DAQRI Universe takes viewers inside the human body and then transports them to the edges of the universe, giving them a first-hand view of how everything is interconnected. As much art as it is science, DAQRI Universe unlocks the relationship of the human form with the cosmos.
- The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper: A 4D Fairy Tale – Children’s books take on a whole new dimension in this must-see 4D Fairy Tale, the newest innovation from DAQRI. Combining object recognition technology with a spellbinding story, The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper revisits that infamous villain and recounts the story of the town’s efforts to save the children he took. DAQRI’s 4D Fairy Tale brings the action directly into the reader’s world, letting kids view the classic tale in their physical surroundings. With the 4D interactive platform, the story is wherever you are.
“With our AWE demos this year, we are pushing the boundaries of not only 4D, but creativity and imagination even further, showing off concepts and products that will catalyze the future of storytelling, gaming and education and change the way we work and play,” said Mullins. “Our Industrial 4D products are already changing the face of the factory floor, increasing efficiency, safety and cost-savings for our industrial customers. Looking forward, DRAEDIS in particular will have a huge impact on the way other businesses interact with data, while Virtual Humans and the 4D Fairy Tale offer up a glimpse of the future in 4D.”
DAQRI AWE presentations include:
“Bring Ideas to Life”
- Presented by Brian Mullins on the AWE main stage
- Wednesday, May 28 at 4:15 p.m.
“Contextual AR and The Future of Storytelling”
- Featured panelist: Brian Selzer, VP of business and product development
- Wednesday, May 28 at 1:30 p.m.
“Unencumbered: Reducing Friction in AR, Now and in the Future”
- Featured panelist: Matt Kammerait, VP of product
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“Adaptive Content Design for AR”
- Featured panelist: Gaia Dempsey, co-founder and VP of marketing
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“AR for Complex Manufacturing”
- Featured panelist: Andy Lowery, president
- Thursday, May 29 at 3 p.m.
AWE attendees can visit DAQRI in Booth #38 in Exhibit Hall A of the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Enterprise augmented reality company DAQRI is leading the 4D revolution, having developed the technology to deliver the most sophisticated augmented reality services and applications to clients in the fields of industrial, education and storytelling. The company has already powered more than 2,000 augmented reality experiences for the world’s biggest companies including Ford, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Twentieth Century Fox, SONY, Cadillac and more. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with an R&D center in Mountain View, Calif. and sales offices in New York, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, and Minneapolis. Advisory board members include Ashton Kutcher, actor and investor; Troy Carter, CEO, Atom Factory; and D.A. Wallach, recording artist.
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 684
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 986
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Jun. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,545
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 25, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,022
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 25, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 883
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 25, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,227
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,175
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 25, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,193
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 498
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Jun. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,289
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jun. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,244
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,251
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 678
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jun. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,086
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 25, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,063
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 25, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 887
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Jun. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,334
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,596
industrial company for a multi-year contract initially valued at over $4.0 million. In addition to DataV software, Bsquare will also provide comprehensive systems integration, support and maintenance services. DataV leverages advanced data analytics, predictive reasoning, data-driven diagnostics, and automated orchestration of remediation actions in order to improve asset uptime while reducing service and warranty costs.
Jun. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,353
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Jun. 19, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,247