|By Business Wire||
|May 28, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
From the Augmented World Expo – DAQRI, the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company, announced today the launch of its 4D engine for interactive enterprise data, DRAEDIS. The company also debuted its Industrial 4D for Mobile Hardware solutions, as well as its new Virtual Humans product, which empowers storytellers to incorporate photorealistic, life-size people into any 4D experience. DAQRI founder and CEO Brian Mullins will deliver a featured presentation titled “Bring Ideas to Life” to unveil the company’s new offerings at the Augmented World Expo (AWE).
New DAQRI products demonstrated at AWE 2014 include:
- DRAEDIS – DAQRI’s latest enterprise product, DRAEDIS, will be unveiled for the first time at AWE. An engine for visualizing data in augmented reality, DRAEDIS translates business data directly into 4D experiences, creating instantly accessible augmented reality-powered user interfaces. For example, DRAEDIS can translate map data into 4D in real-time, allowing a user to physically “lift up” and interact with a virtual representation of any surrounding geography. The engine supports a range of data formats including OPC, JSON, map data and XML and works with common database formats.
- Industrial 4D (I4D) For Mobile Hardware – DAQRI will present several groundbreaking use case scenarios that integrate I4D for Mobile Hardware into industrial operations, generating cost savings, higher productivity and unprecedented efficiencies. For example, an application will be shown that delivers on-site training instructions to manufacturing workers, allowing them to access information via wearable devices like Google Glass and perform tasks with less training, in less time. The entire I4D product line can be integrated into existing systems and processes with little or no downtime. A game changer for any industry, I4D for Mobile Hardware is already being used by Fortune 500 manufacturers and Tier 1 defense contractors.
- Virtual Humans – DAQRI’s Virtual Humans product takes 4D to the next level, bringing full-sized, photorealistic people to life. A product demonstration of Virtual Humans will interact with AWE attendees and introduce them to the world of 4D, as well as direct them to items of interest within the booth. Virtual Humans pairs intelligent 360 degree image capture technology with 4D, opening the door for truly engaging storytelling and life-size gaming opportunities where virtual characters are as real as the audience.
DAQRI 4D Studio – DAQRI 4D Studio is a game-changing augmented
reality authoring tool designed for storytellers, marketers, brands
and educators, with an intuitive interface and centralized content
management. This web-based creative tool allows people at all levels
to create augmented reality experiences. DAQRI’s 4D Studio will
unleash the creative potential of millions of artists around the world
who could not previously access 4D as a storytelling medium. Two 4D
experiences will demonstrate the effective breadth of 4D Studio’s
functionality and its ease of use for non-technical creatives:
- DAQRI Blueprint transports the viewer into a polished interactive environment complete with responsive sights and sounds. Thanks to 4D Studio’s unique narrative chaptering system, the experience enables the viewer to customize the architecture, design, and features of a California dream home by using advanced texture interactivity and a broad palette of modular objects and complementary colors.
- DAQRI Universe takes viewers inside the human body and then transports them to the edges of the universe, giving them a first-hand view of how everything is interconnected. As much art as it is science, DAQRI Universe unlocks the relationship of the human form with the cosmos.
- The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper: A 4D Fairy Tale – Children’s books take on a whole new dimension in this must-see 4D Fairy Tale, the newest innovation from DAQRI. Combining object recognition technology with a spellbinding story, The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper revisits that infamous villain and recounts the story of the town’s efforts to save the children he took. DAQRI’s 4D Fairy Tale brings the action directly into the reader’s world, letting kids view the classic tale in their physical surroundings. With the 4D interactive platform, the story is wherever you are.
“With our AWE demos this year, we are pushing the boundaries of not only 4D, but creativity and imagination even further, showing off concepts and products that will catalyze the future of storytelling, gaming and education and change the way we work and play,” said Mullins. “Our Industrial 4D products are already changing the face of the factory floor, increasing efficiency, safety and cost-savings for our industrial customers. Looking forward, DRAEDIS in particular will have a huge impact on the way other businesses interact with data, while Virtual Humans and the 4D Fairy Tale offer up a glimpse of the future in 4D.”
DAQRI AWE presentations include:
“Bring Ideas to Life”
- Presented by Brian Mullins on the AWE main stage
- Wednesday, May 28 at 4:15 p.m.
“Contextual AR and The Future of Storytelling”
- Featured panelist: Brian Selzer, VP of business and product development
- Wednesday, May 28 at 1:30 p.m.
“Unencumbered: Reducing Friction in AR, Now and in the Future”
- Featured panelist: Matt Kammerait, VP of product
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“Adaptive Content Design for AR”
- Featured panelist: Gaia Dempsey, co-founder and VP of marketing
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“AR for Complex Manufacturing”
- Featured panelist: Andy Lowery, president
- Thursday, May 29 at 3 p.m.
AWE attendees can visit DAQRI in Booth #38 in Exhibit Hall A of the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Enterprise augmented reality company DAQRI is leading the 4D revolution, having developed the technology to deliver the most sophisticated augmented reality services and applications to clients in the fields of industrial, education and storytelling. The company has already powered more than 2,000 augmented reality experiences for the world’s biggest companies including Ford, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Twentieth Century Fox, SONY, Cadillac and more. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with an R&D center in Mountain View, Calif. and sales offices in New York, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, and Minneapolis. Advisory board members include Ashton Kutcher, actor and investor; Troy Carter, CEO, Atom Factory; and D.A. Wallach, recording artist.
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,394
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 300
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 446
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 265
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,049
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,155
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,270
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,182
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,761
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,039
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,028
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 320
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,899
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,571
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 387
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 460
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,533
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,485