|By Business Wire||
|May 28, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
From the Augmented World Expo – DAQRI, the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company, announced today the launch of its 4D engine for interactive enterprise data, DRAEDIS. The company also debuted its Industrial 4D for Mobile Hardware solutions, as well as its new Virtual Humans product, which empowers storytellers to incorporate photorealistic, life-size people into any 4D experience. DAQRI founder and CEO Brian Mullins will deliver a featured presentation titled “Bring Ideas to Life” to unveil the company’s new offerings at the Augmented World Expo (AWE).
New DAQRI products demonstrated at AWE 2014 include:
- DRAEDIS – DAQRI’s latest enterprise product, DRAEDIS, will be unveiled for the first time at AWE. An engine for visualizing data in augmented reality, DRAEDIS translates business data directly into 4D experiences, creating instantly accessible augmented reality-powered user interfaces. For example, DRAEDIS can translate map data into 4D in real-time, allowing a user to physically “lift up” and interact with a virtual representation of any surrounding geography. The engine supports a range of data formats including OPC, JSON, map data and XML and works with common database formats.
- Industrial 4D (I4D) For Mobile Hardware – DAQRI will present several groundbreaking use case scenarios that integrate I4D for Mobile Hardware into industrial operations, generating cost savings, higher productivity and unprecedented efficiencies. For example, an application will be shown that delivers on-site training instructions to manufacturing workers, allowing them to access information via wearable devices like Google Glass and perform tasks with less training, in less time. The entire I4D product line can be integrated into existing systems and processes with little or no downtime. A game changer for any industry, I4D for Mobile Hardware is already being used by Fortune 500 manufacturers and Tier 1 defense contractors.
- Virtual Humans – DAQRI’s Virtual Humans product takes 4D to the next level, bringing full-sized, photorealistic people to life. A product demonstration of Virtual Humans will interact with AWE attendees and introduce them to the world of 4D, as well as direct them to items of interest within the booth. Virtual Humans pairs intelligent 360 degree image capture technology with 4D, opening the door for truly engaging storytelling and life-size gaming opportunities where virtual characters are as real as the audience.
DAQRI 4D Studio – DAQRI 4D Studio is a game-changing augmented
reality authoring tool designed for storytellers, marketers, brands
and educators, with an intuitive interface and centralized content
management. This web-based creative tool allows people at all levels
to create augmented reality experiences. DAQRI’s 4D Studio will
unleash the creative potential of millions of artists around the world
who could not previously access 4D as a storytelling medium. Two 4D
experiences will demonstrate the effective breadth of 4D Studio’s
functionality and its ease of use for non-technical creatives:
- DAQRI Blueprint transports the viewer into a polished interactive environment complete with responsive sights and sounds. Thanks to 4D Studio’s unique narrative chaptering system, the experience enables the viewer to customize the architecture, design, and features of a California dream home by using advanced texture interactivity and a broad palette of modular objects and complementary colors.
- DAQRI Universe takes viewers inside the human body and then transports them to the edges of the universe, giving them a first-hand view of how everything is interconnected. As much art as it is science, DAQRI Universe unlocks the relationship of the human form with the cosmos.
- The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper: A 4D Fairy Tale – Children’s books take on a whole new dimension in this must-see 4D Fairy Tale, the newest innovation from DAQRI. Combining object recognition technology with a spellbinding story, The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper revisits that infamous villain and recounts the story of the town’s efforts to save the children he took. DAQRI’s 4D Fairy Tale brings the action directly into the reader’s world, letting kids view the classic tale in their physical surroundings. With the 4D interactive platform, the story is wherever you are.
“With our AWE demos this year, we are pushing the boundaries of not only 4D, but creativity and imagination even further, showing off concepts and products that will catalyze the future of storytelling, gaming and education and change the way we work and play,” said Mullins. “Our Industrial 4D products are already changing the face of the factory floor, increasing efficiency, safety and cost-savings for our industrial customers. Looking forward, DRAEDIS in particular will have a huge impact on the way other businesses interact with data, while Virtual Humans and the 4D Fairy Tale offer up a glimpse of the future in 4D.”
DAQRI AWE presentations include:
“Bring Ideas to Life”
- Presented by Brian Mullins on the AWE main stage
- Wednesday, May 28 at 4:15 p.m.
“Contextual AR and The Future of Storytelling”
- Featured panelist: Brian Selzer, VP of business and product development
- Wednesday, May 28 at 1:30 p.m.
“Unencumbered: Reducing Friction in AR, Now and in the Future”
- Featured panelist: Matt Kammerait, VP of product
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“Adaptive Content Design for AR”
- Featured panelist: Gaia Dempsey, co-founder and VP of marketing
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“AR for Complex Manufacturing”
- Featured panelist: Andy Lowery, president
- Thursday, May 29 at 3 p.m.
AWE attendees can visit DAQRI in Booth #38 in Exhibit Hall A of the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Enterprise augmented reality company DAQRI is leading the 4D revolution, having developed the technology to deliver the most sophisticated augmented reality services and applications to clients in the fields of industrial, education and storytelling. The company has already powered more than 2,000 augmented reality experiences for the world’s biggest companies including Ford, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Twentieth Century Fox, SONY, Cadillac and more. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with an R&D center in Mountain View, Calif. and sales offices in New York, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, and Minneapolis. Advisory board members include Ashton Kutcher, actor and investor; Troy Carter, CEO, Atom Factory; and D.A. Wallach, recording artist.
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 13, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 145
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 258
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 146
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 286
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 473
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, will discuss how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from mil...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 474
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 451
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 278
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 158
WebSocket is effectively a persistent and fat pipe that is compatible with a standard web infrastructure; a "TCP for the Web." If you think of WebSocket in this light, there are other more hugely interesting applications of WebSocket than just simply sending data to a browser. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Frank Greco, Director of Technology for Kaazing Corporation, will compare other modern web connectivity methods such as HTTP/2, HTTP Streaming, Server-Sent Events and new W3C event APIs ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 154
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 13, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 104
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 13, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 234
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 13, 2016 05:00 AM EST
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 475
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 256
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 430