|By Business Wire||
|May 28, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
From the Augmented World Expo – DAQRI, the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company, announced today the launch of its 4D engine for interactive enterprise data, DRAEDIS. The company also debuted its Industrial 4D for Mobile Hardware solutions, as well as its new Virtual Humans product, which empowers storytellers to incorporate photorealistic, life-size people into any 4D experience. DAQRI founder and CEO Brian Mullins will deliver a featured presentation titled “Bring Ideas to Life” to unveil the company’s new offerings at the Augmented World Expo (AWE).
New DAQRI products demonstrated at AWE 2014 include:
- DRAEDIS – DAQRI’s latest enterprise product, DRAEDIS, will be unveiled for the first time at AWE. An engine for visualizing data in augmented reality, DRAEDIS translates business data directly into 4D experiences, creating instantly accessible augmented reality-powered user interfaces. For example, DRAEDIS can translate map data into 4D in real-time, allowing a user to physically “lift up” and interact with a virtual representation of any surrounding geography. The engine supports a range of data formats including OPC, JSON, map data and XML and works with common database formats.
- Industrial 4D (I4D) For Mobile Hardware – DAQRI will present several groundbreaking use case scenarios that integrate I4D for Mobile Hardware into industrial operations, generating cost savings, higher productivity and unprecedented efficiencies. For example, an application will be shown that delivers on-site training instructions to manufacturing workers, allowing them to access information via wearable devices like Google Glass and perform tasks with less training, in less time. The entire I4D product line can be integrated into existing systems and processes with little or no downtime. A game changer for any industry, I4D for Mobile Hardware is already being used by Fortune 500 manufacturers and Tier 1 defense contractors.
- Virtual Humans – DAQRI’s Virtual Humans product takes 4D to the next level, bringing full-sized, photorealistic people to life. A product demonstration of Virtual Humans will interact with AWE attendees and introduce them to the world of 4D, as well as direct them to items of interest within the booth. Virtual Humans pairs intelligent 360 degree image capture technology with 4D, opening the door for truly engaging storytelling and life-size gaming opportunities where virtual characters are as real as the audience.
DAQRI 4D Studio – DAQRI 4D Studio is a game-changing augmented
reality authoring tool designed for storytellers, marketers, brands
and educators, with an intuitive interface and centralized content
management. This web-based creative tool allows people at all levels
to create augmented reality experiences. DAQRI’s 4D Studio will
unleash the creative potential of millions of artists around the world
who could not previously access 4D as a storytelling medium. Two 4D
experiences will demonstrate the effective breadth of 4D Studio’s
functionality and its ease of use for non-technical creatives:
- DAQRI Blueprint transports the viewer into a polished interactive environment complete with responsive sights and sounds. Thanks to 4D Studio’s unique narrative chaptering system, the experience enables the viewer to customize the architecture, design, and features of a California dream home by using advanced texture interactivity and a broad palette of modular objects and complementary colors.
- DAQRI Universe takes viewers inside the human body and then transports them to the edges of the universe, giving them a first-hand view of how everything is interconnected. As much art as it is science, DAQRI Universe unlocks the relationship of the human form with the cosmos.
- The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper: A 4D Fairy Tale – Children’s books take on a whole new dimension in this must-see 4D Fairy Tale, the newest innovation from DAQRI. Combining object recognition technology with a spellbinding story, The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper revisits that infamous villain and recounts the story of the town’s efforts to save the children he took. DAQRI’s 4D Fairy Tale brings the action directly into the reader’s world, letting kids view the classic tale in their physical surroundings. With the 4D interactive platform, the story is wherever you are.
“With our AWE demos this year, we are pushing the boundaries of not only 4D, but creativity and imagination even further, showing off concepts and products that will catalyze the future of storytelling, gaming and education and change the way we work and play,” said Mullins. “Our Industrial 4D products are already changing the face of the factory floor, increasing efficiency, safety and cost-savings for our industrial customers. Looking forward, DRAEDIS in particular will have a huge impact on the way other businesses interact with data, while Virtual Humans and the 4D Fairy Tale offer up a glimpse of the future in 4D.”
DAQRI AWE presentations include:
“Bring Ideas to Life”
- Presented by Brian Mullins on the AWE main stage
- Wednesday, May 28 at 4:15 p.m.
“Contextual AR and The Future of Storytelling”
- Featured panelist: Brian Selzer, VP of business and product development
- Wednesday, May 28 at 1:30 p.m.
“Unencumbered: Reducing Friction in AR, Now and in the Future”
- Featured panelist: Matt Kammerait, VP of product
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“Adaptive Content Design for AR”
- Featured panelist: Gaia Dempsey, co-founder and VP of marketing
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“AR for Complex Manufacturing”
- Featured panelist: Andy Lowery, president
- Thursday, May 29 at 3 p.m.
AWE attendees can visit DAQRI in Booth #38 in Exhibit Hall A of the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Enterprise augmented reality company DAQRI is leading the 4D revolution, having developed the technology to deliver the most sophisticated augmented reality services and applications to clients in the fields of industrial, education and storytelling. The company has already powered more than 2,000 augmented reality experiences for the world’s biggest companies including Ford, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Twentieth Century Fox, SONY, Cadillac and more. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with an R&D center in Mountain View, Calif. and sales offices in New York, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, and Minneapolis. Advisory board members include Ashton Kutcher, actor and investor; Troy Carter, CEO, Atom Factory; and D.A. Wallach, recording artist.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 31, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 883
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,262
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,436
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 31, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,418
"What we see what happens when you have a completely networked society and the potential to now drive the value creation and the collaboration and the ecosystems that are possible when you start to be able to connect people and industries together in ways that have never been possible before," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP of Marketing Enterprise & Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 31, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,824
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 31, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,346
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
May. 31, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,883
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
May. 31, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,829
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 31, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,035
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,374
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,212
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
May. 31, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,595
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
May. 31, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,375
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 31, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,592
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,078
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,122
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 31, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,550
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 31, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,446
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 31, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,576
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 31, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,478