|By Business Wire||
|May 28, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
From the Augmented World Expo – DAQRI, the world’s leading enterprise augmented reality company, announced today the launch of its 4D engine for interactive enterprise data, DRAEDIS. The company also debuted its Industrial 4D for Mobile Hardware solutions, as well as its new Virtual Humans product, which empowers storytellers to incorporate photorealistic, life-size people into any 4D experience. DAQRI founder and CEO Brian Mullins will deliver a featured presentation titled “Bring Ideas to Life” to unveil the company’s new offerings at the Augmented World Expo (AWE).
New DAQRI products demonstrated at AWE 2014 include:
- DRAEDIS – DAQRI’s latest enterprise product, DRAEDIS, will be unveiled for the first time at AWE. An engine for visualizing data in augmented reality, DRAEDIS translates business data directly into 4D experiences, creating instantly accessible augmented reality-powered user interfaces. For example, DRAEDIS can translate map data into 4D in real-time, allowing a user to physically “lift up” and interact with a virtual representation of any surrounding geography. The engine supports a range of data formats including OPC, JSON, map data and XML and works with common database formats.
- Industrial 4D (I4D) For Mobile Hardware – DAQRI will present several groundbreaking use case scenarios that integrate I4D for Mobile Hardware into industrial operations, generating cost savings, higher productivity and unprecedented efficiencies. For example, an application will be shown that delivers on-site training instructions to manufacturing workers, allowing them to access information via wearable devices like Google Glass and perform tasks with less training, in less time. The entire I4D product line can be integrated into existing systems and processes with little or no downtime. A game changer for any industry, I4D for Mobile Hardware is already being used by Fortune 500 manufacturers and Tier 1 defense contractors.
- Virtual Humans – DAQRI’s Virtual Humans product takes 4D to the next level, bringing full-sized, photorealistic people to life. A product demonstration of Virtual Humans will interact with AWE attendees and introduce them to the world of 4D, as well as direct them to items of interest within the booth. Virtual Humans pairs intelligent 360 degree image capture technology with 4D, opening the door for truly engaging storytelling and life-size gaming opportunities where virtual characters are as real as the audience.
DAQRI 4D Studio – DAQRI 4D Studio is a game-changing augmented
reality authoring tool designed for storytellers, marketers, brands
and educators, with an intuitive interface and centralized content
management. This web-based creative tool allows people at all levels
to create augmented reality experiences. DAQRI’s 4D Studio will
unleash the creative potential of millions of artists around the world
who could not previously access 4D as a storytelling medium. Two 4D
experiences will demonstrate the effective breadth of 4D Studio’s
functionality and its ease of use for non-technical creatives:
- DAQRI Blueprint transports the viewer into a polished interactive environment complete with responsive sights and sounds. Thanks to 4D Studio’s unique narrative chaptering system, the experience enables the viewer to customize the architecture, design, and features of a California dream home by using advanced texture interactivity and a broad palette of modular objects and complementary colors.
- DAQRI Universe takes viewers inside the human body and then transports them to the edges of the universe, giving them a first-hand view of how everything is interconnected. As much art as it is science, DAQRI Universe unlocks the relationship of the human form with the cosmos.
- The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper: A 4D Fairy Tale – Children’s books take on a whole new dimension in this must-see 4D Fairy Tale, the newest innovation from DAQRI. Combining object recognition technology with a spellbinding story, The Perilous Pursuit of the Pied Piper revisits that infamous villain and recounts the story of the town’s efforts to save the children he took. DAQRI’s 4D Fairy Tale brings the action directly into the reader’s world, letting kids view the classic tale in their physical surroundings. With the 4D interactive platform, the story is wherever you are.
“With our AWE demos this year, we are pushing the boundaries of not only 4D, but creativity and imagination even further, showing off concepts and products that will catalyze the future of storytelling, gaming and education and change the way we work and play,” said Mullins. “Our Industrial 4D products are already changing the face of the factory floor, increasing efficiency, safety and cost-savings for our industrial customers. Looking forward, DRAEDIS in particular will have a huge impact on the way other businesses interact with data, while Virtual Humans and the 4D Fairy Tale offer up a glimpse of the future in 4D.”
DAQRI AWE presentations include:
“Bring Ideas to Life”
- Presented by Brian Mullins on the AWE main stage
- Wednesday, May 28 at 4:15 p.m.
“Contextual AR and The Future of Storytelling”
- Featured panelist: Brian Selzer, VP of business and product development
- Wednesday, May 28 at 1:30 p.m.
“Unencumbered: Reducing Friction in AR, Now and in the Future”
- Featured panelist: Matt Kammerait, VP of product
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“Adaptive Content Design for AR”
- Featured panelist: Gaia Dempsey, co-founder and VP of marketing
- Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 a.m.
“AR for Complex Manufacturing”
- Featured panelist: Andy Lowery, president
- Thursday, May 29 at 3 p.m.
AWE attendees can visit DAQRI in Booth #38 in Exhibit Hall A of the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Enterprise augmented reality company DAQRI is leading the 4D revolution, having developed the technology to deliver the most sophisticated augmented reality services and applications to clients in the fields of industrial, education and storytelling. The company has already powered more than 2,000 augmented reality experiences for the world’s biggest companies including Ford, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Twentieth Century Fox, SONY, Cadillac and more. DAQRI is headquartered in Los Angeles with an R&D center in Mountain View, Calif. and sales offices in New York, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, and Minneapolis. Advisory board members include Ashton Kutcher, actor and investor; Troy Carter, CEO, Atom Factory; and D.A. Wallach, recording artist.
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 604
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,483
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,199
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,543
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,885
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,592
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 575
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,113
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,748
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 464
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 25, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,917
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,809
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,640
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,924
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,996
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,703
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,275
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,233
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,878