|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
PHD Virtual Technologies, a pioneer in virtual machine backup and recovery, and innovator of virtualization monitoring solutions, announced today their solutions are well-suited for large enterprise environments as well as small businesses with growing data storage, backup and recovery needs.
Tweet This: @PHDVirtual Provides Enterprises with Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery Solutions Fit to Scale http://bit.ly/HyPclv
PHD Virtual Backup 6.0 gives customers of all sizes the scalability and flexibility they need, but for large enterprises, these products make backup processes easier to manage and more efficient, while also providing fully recoverable data at a moment’s notice. They also consume the least amount of overhead and capital when compared to other products on the market and provide encrypted data protection that is required at larger enterprises.
"Customers continue to embrace server virtualization and are increasingly deploying multiple hypervisors," said Robert Amatruda, Research Director for Data Protection and Recovery at IDC. "PHD Virtual's Backup 6.0 solution provides customers a cost-effective and easy-to-deploy solution that supports multiple hypervisors and will scale with their virtual environment.”
“In addition to the growth we have experienced within the SMB market, we’ve seen a major uptick in our penetration in the larger enterprise environments as well,” commented Jim Legg, CEO, PHD Virtual. “The simplicity and cost-savings are definitely not exclusive to the smaller organizations – the ease of use and data movement offsite provides a powerful combination for any size corporation.”
PHD Virtual benefits for large enterprise environments include the following:
- Complete or partial restorations - provides administrators with the ability to restore a complete server from scratch, by simply selecting a restore point and target. No agents, no operating system install, just restore a complete duplicate of the VM.
- TrueDedupe technology - a true source-side deduplication of data, meaning the deduplication and compression of the source data is performed before sending the information across the WAN/LAN and before the data is written to disk. This type of efficient deduplication is critical for enterprises that require disk space to house the backups for massive amounts of data while also being more scalable and pairing down the overall backup window time. PHD performs deduplication by comparing REAL data existing on the backup target while ensuring to eliminate duplicate copies of data across ALL VMs stored on the target making it more robust and preventing unnecessary job management to achieve storage efficiencies.
- Parallel processing model – this provides the ability to use multiple data streams for backing up, restoring, and replicating with the result that multiple jobs can run concurrently, In addition, parallel processing allows the user to throttle, increasing or decreasing the resources used for processing to balance the work load and timing of the backup window in the data center.
- Fault tolerant scaling – provides a 100% virtualized footprint for your backups running on a Linux-based application that can scale up and out by simply deploying more Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs) giving the ability to create fault tolerance and load balancing, while providing performance that is required without the extra cost of more physical infrastructure or extra licensing.
- Replication – by backing up VMs once and storing them to disk, PHD Virtual Backup eliminates the need for unnecessary snapshots on your production VMs while maintaining the extra layer of protection of having the replicated VMs located offsite.
Disaster recovery planning – PHD Virtual provides:
- TrueRestore: a verification and self-healing process in which the blocks being backed up are inspected both during the backup and restore functions. By doing this, PHD ensures that the data being backed up is indeed the same data that is going to be restored.
- Test-Mode: provides the ability to run replicated VMs in a test mode located in a standby environment. This gives peace of mind that the standby VM has been verified, is completely operational and can be properly failed over.
- Data recovery – PHD Virtual’s Instant Restore provides more savvy recovery methods by allowing administrators to immediately power on the backup VMs and begin a restore process simultaneously. By doing so, PHD provides immediate access to servers and applications and also leverages concurrent data streams, allowing them to implement a technology called “mass restore,” which creates and configures a single restore job that will process multiple VMs at the same time, again reducing complexity and reducing the company’s RTO. Granular restore is more common than a complete data center restore, so PHD has provided support within their products to restore a file, virtual disk within a VM, or single application object, such as an email, mailbox, datastore, database, table, etc. This feature provides the functionality to restore only what you need, when you need it, without setting up any virtual labs or sandboxes to speed up recovery time and prevent unnecessary data loss.
- Backing up a constantly evolving data center – PHD Virtual allows administrators to plug a backup appliance or VBA into virtually any environment, including the cloud or software defined data center (SDDC) or a remote or branch office, ensuring data is safe and recoverable.
“PHD Virtual does VMware backup better than anyone else, especially for enterprises like us,” said Barry Quiel, SunGard Public Sector, California. “For our large environment, we needed someone that specialized in moving lots of virtual machine data, while storing as little as possible of it. We also need plenty of options to handle how we move data off-site and to tape. PHD Virtual gives us all of the options we needed to make sure our VMware environment meets our enterprise data protection requirements.”
PHD Virtual Technologies: http://phdvirtual.com/
More PHD Virtual News: http://phdvirtual.com/newsandevents
RSS Feeds: PHD Virtual news releases: http://www.phdvirtual.com/rss/news-and-events.xml
About PHD Virtual Technologies
PHD Virtual provides the absolute best value in virtual backup and monitoring for VMware and Citrix platforms. More than 4,500 customers worldwide rely on our products because they are effective, easier to use and far more affordable than competitive alternatives. Delivering the highest performance and most scalable cross platform backup and monitoring solutions on the market and pioneer of Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs), PHD Virtual Technologies has been transforming data protection for virtual IT environments since 2006. Its PHD Virtual Monitor provides a complete, end-to-end solution for monitoring virtual, physical and application infrastructures in VMware and Citrix environments. For more information, please visit: http://www.phdvirtual.com/
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 314
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,756
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,689
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,252
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,201
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,989
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,596
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,661
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:26 PM EDT Reads: 253
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,216
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,560
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,785
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,885
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,075
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,501
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,747
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,018
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 972
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,608